We are seeing more and more clients in relationships wanting certainty around the assets they own....
MEET MORE PEOPLE >
Trusts and Personal Asset Planning
Enduring Powers of Attorney
Relationship Property Agreements
Property Sharing Agreements
Separation (section 21A) Agreements
Monique has over 20 years’ experience in law. She has extensive experience in a large New Zealand law firm practising in tax and later specialising in personal asset planning. She has also practised in Australia and was admitted to the Bar there.
Monique joined the firm in 2015. Her expertise in the area of trusts and personal asset planning is wide-ranging. She is experienced in assisting clients in structuring their affairs, including establishing family trusts, drafting wills and enduring powers of attorney. She can also assist with relationship property/contracting out agreements and separation agreements.
- Review of trust deeds and varying trust deeds in light of the new Trusts Act 2019;
- Advising trustees of their obligations under the new Trusts Act 2019;
- Advising settlors of the implications of the new Trusts Act 2019 on their family trusts;
- Resettlement of family trusts;
- Arranging distributions from a family trust;
- Winding up a family trust;
- Applying for probate and letters of administration in the High Court;
- Preparing a will for a blended family situation;
- Preparing enduring powers of attorney in relation to Property and in relation to Personal Care & Welfare;
- Preparing applications for the residential care subsidy with the Ministry of Social Development;
- Drafting and negotiating Contracting Out Agreements and Separation Agreements.
1999 High Court of New Zealand
2003 High Court of Australia
2003 New South Wales Supreme Court
University of Auckland
Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Trust Special Interest Group
you might not know
She enjoys travelling and looks forward to adding more destinations to her list in future
A history buff, she enjoys reading historical ficton and non-fiction
Her happy place is the family bach at Whangamata