Buying & Selling Residential property
Buying or selling your home?
You’ll benefit from having our residential property team behind you. Thanks to our years of experience, we know how to make the whole process of buying or selling your home stress free.
We’re here to make the process as smooth as possible.
Download our helpful Guide for first home buyers. It lists the things you need to organise, and outlines how our lawyers will look after you. Are you entitled to use your KiwiSaver for your first home? Read our ‘Buying your first home – FAQs‘
Our fees are standard for buying or selling a home. They vary depending on what is involved, for example, whether you need a mortgage or whether a trust is buying or selling the property.
We can assist with:
- reviewing the title
- reviewing the sale and purchase agreement before you sign it or before going to auction
- buying off the plans
- advice on ownership structures
- contracting out agreements
- property sharing agreements.
Investing in residential property?
More and more New Zealanders are choosing a residential property investment as their preferred route to financial growth. Property investment may appear less confusing than other forms of investment like shares, options or even commercial property, but there are still risks. We can help you maximise your returns and reduce your asset risk.
- How does the Unit Titles Act affect your investment plan?
- What does the Resource Management Act mean to your investment objectives?
- What is the impact of your ownership structure?
- What’s hidden in all the small print?
Getting the right legal advice at the start is the first step in making the financial gains you are planning on. Read our articles on buying and selling property or call us on 09 375 2770 for an appointment to discuss residential property investment.
Buying or selling apartments
Buying or selling apartments is more complex than a buying and selling standalone property. We can make it easy for you.
Every apartment building has a range of different issues to consider.
- Is it a Unit Title? If so, how does it impact on your sale or purchase?
- What are the management arrangements?
- Are there leases? Are they registered?
- What do you need to know about the underlying land?
Your experts in unit title law
Apartment living is becoming the norm for many, and unit title ownership is on the increase. We are experts in the Unit Titles Act 2010. This is important because most apartment complexes are subject to this legislation. Read some of our recent articles about unit titles here.
Unit titles are a complex business, but we can take the stress out of the process for you with practical, relevant legal advice. Our experienced team will help with
- Buying or selling an apartment or unit
- Management agreements
- Long term maintenance plans
- Body corporate rules
- Advice on your obligations as a unit title owner or committee member
- Repair and maintenance obligations.
Managing your residential property purchase or sale
At AlexanderDorrington, we’ll effectively deal with any issues that arise and manage your sale or purchase through to completion. If you live in Auckland, somewhere else in New Zealand or offshore, and you want expert conveyancing carried out or legal advice about the buying and selling of houses or apartments, you can talk to Elise, Megan, Kylee or Bonnie on 09 375 2770.