Our people are important to us
We only hire the best and we are totally committed to them.
- we are at the forefront of property law, consistently recognised as a finalist in the NZ Law Awards for Property & Construction Specialist Law Firm of the Year
- we are internationally recognised as a leading firm in real estate (Legal 500)
- we have an enviable client base including some of Auckland’s premier developers and land owners
- we partner our clients in groundbreaking projects from inception to completion
- we are ambitious and support and encourage professional development
- our professionalism does not get in the way of a down-to-earth practical approach
- although we work hard, we also like to have fun
- we try not to get caught up in bureaucracy
- investing in technology doesn’t scare us
- good systems and precedents are what we thrive on
- our light, modern offices have some standing desks, triple monitors and minimal physical files
- we are proud to have offered work/life balance to our staff long before COVID hit NZ.
- we were named in the NZ Lawyer magazine as a 5-Star Employer of Choice in 2022
We are busy recruiting…
for a Senior Commercial Property Solicitor 7+ years PQE
Are you ambitious about growing your reputation in commercial property law? Come and join our nationally regarded firm.
- Award winning pre-eminent property practice
- Combine street smarts and commercial nous and get involved in cutting edge property deals
- Build relationships with key property players
To be successful in this role we are seeking someone who has:
- At least 7 years PQE gained specialising in property within a reputable top tier, mid tier or highly regarded boutique practice within NZ.
- Passion for commercial property law.
- Commercial know how – undertaking the drivers of client’s needs sets us apart.
- Stellar communication and networking skills – relationship building is key.
- Hunger to grow and develop your reputation and practice.
Why join AlexanderDorrington?
- We are at the forefront of property law, consistently recognised as a finalist in the NZ Law Awards Property & Construction Specialist Law Firm of the Year.
- We have an enviable client base including some of Auckland’s premier landowners.
- We proudly immerse ourselves in our client’s strategic decision making.
- You will meet real players in the industry and get the opportunity to develop those relationships.
- In this role you will be exposed to challenging and complex property matters.
- You will work alongside a group of highly skilled practitioners who like to share their knowledge and support the team.
You will read this and think how is this any different from vacancies at other law firms? We encourage our team to take an active interest in our client’s industries and businesses. Progression is on the table for the right candidate. Apply now to secure your future and stand out from the rest.
Basically, AlexanderDorrington is a great place to work but don’t just take our word for it…
Here’s some feedback from people who have worked here.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at AlexanderDorrington for the good part of 5 years. The expertise of Jourdan and Denise has been invaluable in developing my legal property skills. My experience from AlexanderDorrington has helped me achieve my career goals including getting experience in the UK with international firm, Gowling WLG. I highly recommend AlexanderDorrington as the law firm to work for in Auckland and can assure you that you will be learning from only the very best.
Zak Nasir, Solicitor
I’ve absolutely rated my time working at AD. The directors and staff are highly regarded throughout New Zealand in their areas of expertise. Jourdan, Denise and Rachael create an environment in which professional support, continued development and mentorship is a given. The firm strikes the balance just right; providing an atmosphere that is professional, while also being very social and fun. Put short, AD is a fantastic place to work – I’d highly recommend taking the opportunity to work there if you were to get the opportunity to do so.
Matt Smalberger, Solicitor
Working at AlexanderDorrington was an absolute pleasure. I got a warm welcoming feeling as soon as I entered the office space and met the ever-so-friendly team of staff. Every day I looked forward to coming in to work. I would especially like to mention Rachael Stevenson, the practice manager, for making my time at AD extra special. She was so patient and helped to show me the ropes as I was new to my position as trust account administrator. I am working overseas now but if I was still in New Zealand, it would have been a pleasure to work at AlexanderDorrington for many more years to come.
Serena Rowell, Trust Account Clerk
As a former employee from a looooong time ago (only left because I had to move countries) I can absolutely endorse AD to anyone!
Nathaniel Flinn, Solicitor
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at AD. The partners and staff are very friendly and are widely respected throughout Auckland in their areas of expertise. AD creates an environment that strikes the balance of being very hard working and professional, but also a place where staff can have a laugh and enjoy themselves.
Jeremy Ansell, Solicitor
THANK YOU for everything. Each one of you is so professional, passionate and committed to given files and matters but at the same time you create a fun and positive environment. You all have been friendly and helpful so that I could safely handle the files. I did enjoy every moment of my time there. I worked with an amazing team and directors who have provided good supervision/mentoring.
Rachel Seo, Solicitor
I love the culture at AD. I only left to have our first child. Coming from a small town like Whakatane, it was a huge adjustment to life in Auckland and different scopes of work. The team were very professional but approachable and helped me settle in and adjust to my new lifestyle. We had the best social outings. Experienced my first helicopter flight for our Christmas function one year. AD really knows how to look after the team. I have so many amazing memories of my time there and if you ever get the opportunity to join the team jump at it!
Carleen Dahya, Secretary
I worked for AD for four years before leaving to have a baby. AD is a dynamic, professional, innovative and fun firm that treats its clients and employees very well. Craig, Debra and Denise were the partners during that time, and all three were great mentors. All had an open door policy if I ever needed support. I highly recommend AD as a great place to work, I would definitely work there again.
Davina Vane, Legal Executive
AD was my first ‘real’ office job and I am so grateful for the four years I spent there. I learnt so many invaluable work and life skills while being supported by my talented and caring colleagues. I often reflect on the way I work today and how AD helped shape me into the thorough, hard-working, confident person I am. Had I not moved to Wellington I would definitely still be there!
Natalie Selby, Secretary
I have nothing but positive things to say about my five years at AlexanderDorrington. If you want to work at a firm where you are encouraged to be the best in your field through the support of an excellent management team then this is the place for you. AlexanderDorrington embrace technology, change and new ideas to ensure the working environment is the best it can be for all staff. Throw in some great social events, what more could you ask for?