The government’s measures to increase their tax take through the targeting of the property...
MEET MORE PEOPLE >
Acquisitions and sales
Commercial and industrial property development
Jourdan is a leading property lawyer who has focussed on the property field throughout his career. An ability to quickly understand the commercial drivers underpinning client’s needs, Jourdan is highly regarded for his extensive knowledge of the commercial and legal issues in the property market.
Jourdan became a director here in April 2017. With over 15 years experience specialising in property law, he has a passion for commercial leasing, acquisitions, sales, due diligence investigations and funding. His clients range from listed property funds, commercial property investors and developers to prominent landlords and tenants.
- Acting for a large private investor to complete the purchase and sale of a CBD office tower and retail centre for over $150 million;
- Acting on the purchase of industrial parks, retail centres and office buildings;
- Acting in some of Auckland’s prominent industrial and commercial developments, including developments comprising 200 industrial units and the associated acquisition, funding, subdivision and sell down;
- Drafting various leases for a listed industrial property fund, including design-build projects;
- Drafting and negotiating retail leases on behalf of landlords, with clients including shopping malls, suburban and regional retail centres;
- Assisting in the acquisition and subsequent leasing of various retail and office developments;
- Acting for a large national retailer. Projects included the restructure and funding of its business and its national leasing portfolio;
- Acting for a multinational corporation in their office leases throughout New Zealand
- Acting for an Australian based property trust in the negotiation of office leases for buildings in Auckland’s CBD;
- Acting for a private funder in various commercial and residential property development and investment loans;
- Acting for high net worth individuals in their commercial and property matters
University of Auckland
Property Council New Zealand
you might not know
He has a noteworthy passion for Chelsea Football Club, he’s a lifelong supporter
A keen traveller, Jourdan completed part of his studies in Europe, then travelled throughout America, Asia and the Middle East
He is a city boy through and through
The sight of the ADLS Fifth Edition 2008(2) commercial lease can bring a feeling of both comfort...
The aftermath of the Christchurch earthquakes has given rise to a number of commercial and...