What ID do we need 

The best ID is your passport.  However if you do not have a passport there are other options:

Option 1: You can use both your NZ drivers licence and your credit card together (your card needs to show your name and signature).

Option 2: You can use a NZ firearms licence or NZ refugee travel document.

Option 3:  You can use your NZ drivers licence AND one of the following:

  • A bank statement less than 12 months old (must be issued from a registered bank)
  • A document issued by a government agency that contains your name and signature
  • A statement issued by a government agency which is less than 12 months old (ie an IRD statement)

Option 5:  You can use either your birth certificate or certificate of NZ citizenship AND one of the following:

  • NZ drivers licence
  • Valid and current international driving permit
  • 18+ card

Please let us know if none of these options will work.

Note that if your passport is an overseas passport and not in English, you will need to provide a translation for it.

If we are not able to obtain the required information from you, it is likely we will not be able to act for you.