BA/LLB (University of Auckland)
Property Council New Zealand
Jourdan’s focus has been on property law throughout his career. His interest and knowledge of the market have shaped his understanding of the commercial and legal issues facing a broad range of clients.
Jourdan became a director here in April 2017. With over 11 years experience specialising in property law, he has a passion for commercial leasing, acquisition, sales and funding. His clients range from listed property funds and commercial property investors to landlords and tenants.
- Drafting various leases for a listed industrial property fund. These included design-build projects;
- Acting for a large private investor to complete the purchase and sales of large-scale commercial properties throughout Auckland;
- Negotiating office leases on behalf of the landlord for anchor tenancies, floors and partial floors for buildings in Auckland;
- Acting for a private funder in various commercial and residential property development and investment loans;
- Negotiating new retail leases on behalf of landlords and tenants. Clients included shopping malls and retail strips;
- Acting for high net worth individuals in their commercial and property matters;
- Assisting in the acquisition and subsequent leasing of various retail and office developments;
- Acting for an Australian based property trust in the negotiation of office leases for a building in Auckland’s CBD;
- Preparing property management contracts for both a national shopping centre and a property management business;
- Acting for a large retailer. Projects included the restructure and funding of its business and its national leasing portfolio;
- Acting for business purchasers, including motor vehicle dealerships, gymnasiums and a water filtration company.
3 things you might not know about Jourdan
- He has a noteworthy passion for Chelsea Football Club, he’s a lifelong supporter;
- A keen traveller, Jourdan completed part of his studies in Europe, then travelled throughout America, Asia and the Middle East;
- He is a city boy through and through.