General property law
General contract law
BCom, major: HR Management
(University of Canterbury)
Passionate about property law, Christine’s affinity with property has been apparent since law school. She finds it gratifying to work with one of the scarcest resources on the planet.
Christine has client-side experience as a property manager. Before joining our team in 2017 she provided technical support to commercial and property law firms as a legal contractor.
Christine loves helping people to acquire their first home. She enjoys guiding clients to make smart decisions, so they get the best outcome on their projects. Providing practical advice to help realise a client’s vision is key in everything she does. The best part about legal practice for Christine, is working with people. She excels at cultivating client relationships akin to partnerships.
Four years after her admission to the bar, Christine took a break from practice. She ran a property management company, while her children were young. This unique experience from the client-side, managing 19 rental properties in post-earthquake Christchurch, gave her a real appreciation for our clients’ perspective.
In June 2018, after several years in the wilderness as a legal contractor, Christine officially joined the AlexanderDorrington team. She came to us initially in February 2017 to provide maternity leave cover. We were delighted to offer her a permanent role when that contract ended.
- Completing a redevelopment scheme under the Unit Titles Act.
- Preparing a shareholders’ agreement for a joint venture.
- Preparing pre-sale contracts for a building company.
- Formalising a licence to occupy on common property pursuant to the Unit Titles Act (completing the designated resolution process).
3 things you might not know about Christine
- Her love of shoes is rivals that of Imelda Marcos.
- She’s a closet karaoke singer (for the sake of the greater good).
- There were tears when she realised that Hogwarts will only ever be a fiction.