- we are at the forefront of property law, consistently recognised as a finalist in the NZ Law Awards for Property & Construction Specialist Law Firm of the Year
- we are internationally recognised as a leading firm in real estate (Legal 500)
- we have an enviable client base including some of Auckland’s premier developers and land owners
- we partner our clients in groundbreaking projects from inception to completion
- we are ambitious and support and encourage professional development
- our professionalism does not get in the way of a down-to-earth practical approach
- although we work hard, we also like to have fun
- we try not to get caught up in bureaucracy
- investing in technology doesn’t scare us
- good systems and precedents are what we thrive on
- our light, modern offices have some standing desks, triple monitors and minimal physical files
- we are proud to have offered work/life balance to our staff long before COVID hit NZ.
Basically, AlexanderDorrington is a great place to work but don’t just take our word for it…
Here’s some feedback from people who have worked here.
I’ve absolutely rated my time working at AD. The directors and staff are highly regarded throughout New Zealand in their areas of expertise. Jourdan, Rachael and Denise create an environment in which professional support, continued development and mentorship is a given. The firm strikes the balance just right; providing an atmosphere that is professional, while also being very social and fun. Put shortly, AD is a fantastic place to work – I’d highly recommend taking the opportunity to work there if you were to get the opportunity to do so.
I have nothing but positive things to say about my five years at AlexanderDorrington. If you want to work at a firm where you are encouraged to be the best in your field through the support of an excellent management team, then this is the place for you. AlexanderDorrington embrace technology, change and new ideas to ensure the working environment is the best it can be for all staff. Throw in some great social events, what more could you ask for.
Working at AlexanderDorrington was an absolute pleasure. I got a warm welcoming feeling as soon as I entered the office space and met the ever-so-friendly team of staff. Every day I looked forward to coming in to work. I would especially like to mention Rachael Stevenson, the practice manager, for making my time at AD extra special. She was so patient and helped to show me the ropes as I was new to my position as trust account administrator. I am working overseas now but if I was still in New Zealand, it would have been a pleasure to work at AlexanderDorrington for many more years to come.
As a former employee from a looooong time ago (only left because I had to move countries) I can absolutely endorse AD to anyone!
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at AD. The partners and staff are very friendly and are widely respected throughout Auckland in their areas of expertise. AD creates an environment that strikes the balance of being very hard working and professional, but also a place where staff can have a laugh and enjoy themselves.
THANK YOU for everything. Each one of you is so professional, passionate and committed to given files and matters but at the same time you create a fun and positive environment.You all have been friendly and helpful so that I could safely handle the files. I did enjoy every moment of my time there. I worked with an amazing team and directors who have provided good supervision/mentoring.
I love the culture at AD. I only left to have our first child. Coming from a small town like Whakatane, it was a huge adjustment to life in Auckland and different scopes of work. The team were very professional but approachable and helped me settle in and adjust to my new lifestyle. We had the best social outings. Experienced my first helicopter flight for our Christmas function one year. AD really knows how to look after the team. I have so many amazing memories of my time there and if you ever get the opportunity to join the team jump at it!
I worked for AD for four years before leaving to have a baby. AD is a dynamic, professional, innovative and fun firm that treats its clients and employees very well. Craig, Debra and Denise were the partners during that time, and all three were great mentors. All had an open door policy if I ever needed support. I highly recommend AD as a great place to work, I would definitely work there again.
AD was my first ‘real’ office job and I am so grateful for the four years I spent there. I learnt so many invaluable work and life skills while being supported by my talented and caring colleagues. I often reflect on the way I work today and how AD helped shape me into the thorough, hard-working, confident person I am. Had I not moved to Wellington I would definitely still be there!
We are busy recruiting for an Intermediate Property Lawyer and two Legal Secretaries
Intermediate Property Lawyer
We are seeking an intermediate property lawyer who has gained valuable, hands-on experience with a NZ law firm specialising in property to join our highly regarded team. In this role you will be exposed to a range of interesting and challenging property matters whilst working alongside a group of highly skilled practitioners who will provide excellent mentoring and career development.
To be successful in this role, we are seeking someone who is:
- Driven and ambitious
- Able to relate easily to others
- Confident in your own abilities
- Seeking a great career move
If you have between 3-5 years PQE please contact the General Manager Rachael Stevenson via email or phone.
- Do you want to work in a firm where you are cared about, where you are appreciated for your hard work?
- Do you want to work in a close knit team where the assistants are supportive of each other?
- Are you process driven and enjoy completing tasks?
We have two roles.
- The first role supports two directors and two solicitors. For this role you will:
- have experience as a legal secretary in a law firm
- be super organised and efficient
- have property experience
- have good Word skills
- enjoy helping your solicitors achieve their goals, keeping them organised and you truly enjoy being the trusted person they rely on
- The second role supports our legal executives in residential conveyancing and development. For this role you do not need legal or property experience. However this is not a junior role, you will need prior office/administrative experience. You will:
- be technically savvy
- have advanced skills in Word
- be a fast typist
- have some experience in Excel
- be keen to support your legal executives with all tasks
- be keen to learn new skills
For both roles it is of the utmost importance that you are a team player and are willing to learn.
If working at AlexanderDorrington interests you, please contact the General Manager Rachael Stevenson via email or phone.